Menu
Home Page

Capel St Mary CEVC Primary School

Delay to the lifting of restrictions

Dear Parents and Carers,

Following the Government's announcement last night all schools received the following communication from the DFE - Department for Education:

Prime Minister Announcement
The Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, announced today that he was not able to say that we have met all four tests for proceeding with Step 4 and thinks it is sensible to wait just a little longer. This will give time for the vaccination programme to protect people from the virus in light of the new variant. He felt confident we will not need to wait beyond 19 July. The government will monitor the position every day and if, after two weeks, the risk has diminished then Step 4 might proceed sooner.

Please keep your current protective measures in place until there is a further announcement on Step 4 of the roadmap. These measures in education settings will remain in place to help reduce transmission of the virus.

Clearly, this has implications for events that we had planned in school. On Friday I will write to all parents regarding what this means for us until the end of term.

Yours sincerely,


Sean Cornish
Headteacher

Top